Thursday, July 7, 2016

Day 7: Adagio for Strings

Photo of Earth taken by Apollo 17

   "You're an interesting species. An interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other. " ~~ Carl Sagan, Contact

I have a list of things I wanted to write about this month, but none of them seem right for tonight. Maybe I should stay off Facebook when I need to write a blog post. Maybe I should stay off Facebook period. I should. I really should. It's not healthy to be immersed in all that vitriol, even when some of it is so necessary.

But I don't stay off Facebook, and so tonight I can't write anything light-hearted or snarky or bitchy or even wise. I mean, I could, but it doesn't seem like the right thing to do. I am just fucking exhausted from the unceasing violence so many men inflict on each other and on the rest of us. (And if the thought Not all men even crossed your mind, just .... just don't. Go scratch your balls or something.) So I'm not going to write about anything tonight.

Instead, I offer this dance, which represents to me what life in this country feels like right now. Thank you, Mia Michaels.



No comments:

Post a Comment