Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Day 8: Election night blues

Well, friends, I've got nothing for you tonight. It's 11:30 EST. I'm scared. I'm angry. And I will blow up my computer with my fingers if I let loose here tonight on any 3rd-party or god forbid Trump voters who might be reading here. Maybe you could have started your revolution with yourselves -- feed hungry people, volunteer in a school, clean up your neighborhood, ride a bike or walk instead of driving, turn down your thermostat and put on a sweater ..... blah blah blah. Your revolution was never going to come from the White House, but the order to drop a nuclear weapon very well could. And the next 3 Supreme Court Justices definitely will.

I'm not going to write more tonight. The votes are in. I hope tomorrow isn't as disappointing and terrifying as tonight is. I told Coraline we were voting for the first woman president this afternoon. She trusted me, and I hope I don't have to try to explain to her how a deplorable man like Donald Trump could become the President of the United States.


No comments:

Post a Comment