Friday, November 10, 2017

Day 10: Blev in yiurself

Tonight was our opening night for All the Sex Monologues. We broke legs! All the legs!

I was so thrilled to see lots of faces I knew in the audience. Even my son, who had to sit there and listen to me talk about the time I walked in on him masturbating. Totally my fault. The shame is mine. In spite of that, even my son was there.

I'm not going to ramble on and on about a show you didn't even see. I do want to share the note from Coraline I found in my makeup bag before the show.

How sweet is that?
In case you're not an expert at reading phonetic writing, let me interpret: "Dear Mommers, Believe in yourself and you. Do it. Love, Coraline." My heart melted a little.

And I wondered what I'll write about her for a future All the Sex Monologues. Please let it be funny!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations my friend!!!! Love love love Coraline's note to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She has a natural compassion that a lot of adults could learn from. I know I do.

      Delete
  2. So sweet! She learned her compassion from a wonderful teacher, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think I had a little to do with it. She's got an innate sweetness though that just came with her being her.

      Delete